- MAKE: Fender
- MODEL: Stratocaster / Eric Clapton model
- VINTAGE: 1988 or 1989
- FINISH: Yellow finish. Also has a "Do The Right Thing" and a Boston Celtics stickers on it.
- DETAILS: This appeared to be The Edge's main Strat during the 1989-1990 Love Town tours. It can bve seen
in the LoveTown documentary in Australia as well as later Love Town era shows at the Dublin Point Depot. It has (3) Golden
Lace Sensor pickups and 25db boost.
- USE: (live) "All Along The Watchtower", "God Part II", "I Will Follow" & "Where The Streets Have
No Name" amongst others [Love Town tour 1989-1990]
- OTHER NOTES: Is it possible that The Edge had proto-types? Here is my question. Per
another article, the original production guitar was available in three colors — charcoal gray, Torino red, and 7-Up
green. Per Clapton's request, the color black was not offered initially, but was added as an option around 1991. Alpine white
was also added about the time of the "Nothing But the Blues" tour. Edge had a red (didnt' look Torino) and a yellow (Bono
called it Vanilla) and then there is the painted one... which may have started out charcoal and not pewter.